Why am I so heartless?

I feel like there's something wrong with me. I never feel sympathy or sorrow. Whenever something bad happens I don't care whatsoever. (ex.) The Newtown school shooting. I didn't care. The Boston bombings. So what. Just last week someone got shot at my local movie theater. I just don't think it's a big deal. Last month one of my ex boyfriend's was in a car crash, went into a coma, then died the next day. I didn't feel sad, I didn't cry, I just didn't care. Is there something wrong with me? Obviously. I feel like I have no conscience. I could kill someone and easily feel no guilt. I hate everyone basically. But that's besides the point. I just want some answers, why am I like this? I have clinical depression if that effects anything. Even if it does I still don;t think I should feel this way, I'm only a 14 year old girl. (going into my sophomore year of HS) Please give me your opinions.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't think you have depression, I think you are misdiagnosed. I think you need to be honest with your psychologist about your lack of emotion. It sounds like you are a Sociopath. There are different levels but it sounds as if you are a high level sociopath. Many can keep jobs, have families of their own and everything else.

Take some time and do some research on Sociopaths. Talk to your doctor about it. There's nothing they can do to help you. We cannot create emotions in those who don't have them. But at least you'd understand yourself and you might begin to help yourself to a better future understanding what you are.

Lv 7
    8 years ago

Your post belongs in Health>Mental Health, not Marriage & Divorce...

Someone lacking empathy may be a narcissist a sociopath, or it simply may be that your depression is inhibiting your ability to feel anything...

Keep taking your meds and speaking with your therapist about your feelings (or lack of them)...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.