Does Manga count as books and anything related to literature?

Ok, so my high school's having a Literary day in which we dress up as a character from a book, I'm planning to make a costume that character and I just wondered does manga count as a book and anything literature and if it is please tell me why, oh yeah also more about literature and less about the the physical book e.g. hardback, pages etc. I know those. I still appreciate them anyway.

Thanks

Favorite Answer

This is an interesting question. I think they do technically count as books. (Whether your teachers and classmates will accept it as a book is a different story) Manga is a form of literature and art combined. Think of it this way. A picture book is still a book. This is essentially a simplified version of a manga. A script is a form of literature (which contains mostly dialogue. A manga contains mostly dialogue).

A comic book is still considered a book, and the word "Manga" is the Japanese term for comic book.

its a comic. it can be a hard back.

.