Why do atheists wait like predators in the religion section in Y!A?

A lot of atheists on here seem to wait like a predatory snake for a legitimate religious question to come up and then they just go at it with the disrespect.

It's like when crocodiles wait in the water for a buffalo/wildebeest to attempt to cross the water and then they tear it apart.

This is why people don't like militant atheists.

Favorite Answer

Yes, the motives of many atheists are clear when they simply attack and attempt to destroy the faith of others. Snake-like, they are deceptive and try to mesmerize with subtlety then slowly squeeze the life out of believers.

Well, King David met the likes of them, and often spoke of them as lions by the wayside. Psalm 10 says,

"The wicked are too proud to seek God. They seem to think that God is dead... Like lions crouching in hiding, they wait to pounce on the helpless. Like hunters they capture the helpless and drag them away in nets. Their helpless victims are crushed..."

In Psalm 21 there is a prophetic hint of how Jesus was to suffer at the hands of enemies,

"Like lions they open their jaws against me, roaring and tearing into their prey. My life is poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint. My heart is like wax, melting within me... My enemies surround me like a pack of dogs; an evil gang closes in on me. They have pierced my hands and feet. I can count all my bones. My enemies stare at me and gloat, they divide my garments among themselves and throw dice for my clothing."

Yes, many atheists on here would do just the same to Jesus today as people did back then. They cannot get at Jesus, of course, for he is in heaven, but they turn on Christians instead. It pays to know your enemy whilst also remembering that Jesus asked the Father to forgive those who crucified him, and told us to pray for our enemies too.

It's natural, just like when crocodiles wait in the water for a buffalo/wildebeest to attempt to cross the water and then they tear it apart. Basically because buffalo are stupid!

• Archer

Atheists discuss and respond to questions posted on this sight, many being directed at Atheists.

Your analogy is not valid as if the wildebeest/buffalo did ot come to or cross the river, would the crock be there?

Think about it!

• Noah

You wrote "It's like when crocodiles wait in the water for a buffalo/wildebeest to attempt to cross the water and then they tear it apart." So according to your logic. 2 million years ago or thereabout The crocodile leader call a meeting and it says, lets all go to the river and ambush the buffalos, rather than ambush them on land.

So the crocodiles agree that it is a well planned tactic to ambush buffalos. so in crocodile schools they teach the young crocodiles that.

Or militant theists. I'm a theist and even I am ashamed at how atheists are treated here. Calling them stupid, arrogant, ignorant, how they are going to burn, etc. We don't add to our less then stellar reputation either with comments like that

• Arnie

I don't understand why someone who does not believe in something would want others to agree with them,its very sad.

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.

If each individual person passes out of existence when he dies, Does it really matter whether he ever existed at all?

For the most part your "legitimate religious questions" are clearly directed at discrediting atheists.

Don't be so dramatic.

Have you ever noticed that at least half the questions in R&S are directed specifically towards atheists?

I've been here for five years waiting for a legitimate religious question to come up.

I'm still waiting.

Translation...

Why do atheists come to Y!A ?

Funny you should ask ;)

Last year I got it up to 200 times that I answered this one…

It gets reported by the wowsers quite often ;)

This year I’m going to keep a count again of how many times *I* see this get asked.

Year to Date… ONE HUNDRED & Eight :)

This sounds distinctly like the VERY OLD 'why do I come here?' question.

*drink*

****************************Apply what pertains to you ;) **********************

This gets ASKED SO OFTEN I prepared a list - what do you think of it ?

1. *drink*

2. Cos we can.

3. For teh LuLz.

4. How about ‘know thy enemy’?

5. I find religion totally fascinating…

6. And, I find the followers even more so.

7. Entertainment (mine) - Education (yours)

8. AND, cheap points are nothing to scoff at, huh?

9. Who else would answer all the questions aimed at atheists?

10. Religion permeates all of our lives whether we like it or not.

11. A-theism is NOT a religion but it IS a valid religious position.

12. The cats banned us from their section... cos we aren't cats(get it?).

13. Coming here, always makes me feel smarter-saner than I really am.

14. IF rational arguments worked on religious people there’d be no religious people.

15. No one does büllshït quite like Kent (is that how you spell it?) Hovind and his ilk.

16. I'm thinking... hang on a mo'… girlfriends cost more than hookers and wives cost more than both … sorry I was thinking about something else.

17. Cos religion is the enemy of reason – it’s not harmless, innocent, blameless, sunshine and goodness – we can NOT ignore atrocities committed daily in the name of invisible sky primates… http://kuro-kuro.org/archives/1903

18. Kid, if you and your people didn't go to such extraordinary lengths to try to convince me and my people that all that imaginary little cosmic chappie stuff was anything more than primitive superstition, you and your people would probably never hear from me and my people... just saying.

19. I come here to study the effects religious memes have on the minds they inhabit-control – it’s like a meme zoo.

20. The atheist created everything and when everything became too scary he invented religious fantasies to hold FEAR of death at bay - he was here for the beginning - he'll be here for the end ;)

21. George H.W. Bush: No, I don't know that Atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God.

22. You'd have to wonder why I get TUs with this answer - I reckon I cover it all - obviously the fact I'm not afraid of imaginary monsters in de sky scares some people ;)

23. “The obvious ignorance of true believers who post ‘questions’ like this is evidence enough that their god does not exist. No god could possibly be content with such ludicrous adherents.”

24. The same reason a healthy doctor hangs out in the illness section, to help the sick.

25. "George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."

Here’s one that stands alone: http://i.imgur.com/mpQA0.jpg

~

yea, it's kinda like that,

only it's more like we wait for the blindfolded buffalo and try to point out how to take off the blindfold so that they can cross the water.

but instead they say, there's a way to walk on water,

and drown.

that's why I don't like religionists.