What is happening with Paula Deen?

Im 15 and African American. For the past couple days I've been hearing stuff about Paula Deen on the internet and black people. What did she do and why do I keep hearing these Paula Deen and black people jokes?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

She did not say any N word on TV. A white woman filed a lawsuit against her regarding her work environment. Paula had to testify and was asked if she ever said the N word. She said she did say it when she worked in a bank and a black man pointed a gun at her head and demanded money. She referred to the man as the N word. This happened 30 years ago.

She has aplologized sincerely many times now for doing it saying it should not have happened. Back then in the south, the word was used quite freely. Times have changed.

Because of that, Paula's career has been destroyed. All the companies that sell her products have pulled out of their deals with her plus she was fired from her Food Network Show.

I think it's completely ridiculous to judge her on something she did 30 years ago in a moment of panic and terror. Shame on everyone who had a part in this nonsense. All this woman likes to do is cook for food and share it with the world. Leave her alone. Let's hope no one judges everything they ever said in the past 30 years.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

She reportedly said the "N" word on television. Now they're taking her shows off the air.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Shes an old racist.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.