Will there ever be a sequel to the Bible?

Update:

I'm talking about the TV series, idiots. Pray for God to improve your thinking skills as you lack any such thing, fools.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Where on earth do you get the idea that there aren't many?

The Bible is actually Sumerian/Mesopotamian Mythology V3.

V1: Sumerian/Mesopotamian Myths.

V2: The Torah and Jewish Texts.

V3: The Christian Bible.

V4: The Quran

V5: The Book of Mormon.

And for each of those, there are DOZENS if not hundreds of individual "Versions" and edits.

Every "Council" convened produced another "Version" of the bible...

King James Version (KJV)

The New King James Version (NKJV)

Modern King James Version [Green's Translation] (MKJV)

Literal Translation Version [Green] (LITV)

International Standard Version (ISV)

The New International Version (NIV)

English Standard Version (ESV)

New English Bible (NEB)

American Standard Version (ASV)

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Revised Standard Version (RSV)

New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

Contemporary English Version (CEV)

Today's English Version (TEV)

The Living Bible (LB)

New Century Version (NC)

New Life Version (NLV)

New Living Translation (NLT)

Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

Revised Young's Literal Translation (RYLT)

John Darby's New Translation

Weymouth New Testament Translation

Rotherham's

And there are DOZENS upon DOZENS of texts that have been totally eliminated and edited out, not just "Altered".

- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -

► The History Channel: Banned From The Bible | Watch Free Documentary Online

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/banned-from-the-bib...

Like The Gospel of Pseudo-Matthew that talks about "Jesus" being a DRAGONMASTER!

✞Jesus Christ: Dragon Master!

http://www.cracked.com/article_18948_5-real-delete...

And, lo, suddenly there came forth from the cave many dragons; and when the children saw them, they cried out in great terror. Then Jesus went down from the bosom of His mother, and stood on His feet before the dragons; and they adored Jesus, and thereafter retired. -- The Gospel of Pseudo-Matthew, Chapter 18

And being a total sociopath that murdered a bunch of kids in fits of childish wrath.

✞ Jesus Takes Pools of Water Very Seriously

"O evil, ungodly, and foolish one, what hurt did the pools and the waters do thee? Behold, now also thou shalt be withered like a tree, and shalt not bear leaves, neither root, nor fruit." And straightway that lad withered up wholly. -- Infancy Gospel of Thomas 3:2-3

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

The books mentioned in the answers here are all Bible versions, or new claims for inspiration for new books. Actually when the scriptures as they were completed by the apostles and first century Christians who knew Jesus, that ended what we were to get. The scriptures indicate that when the apostles died, and those who received the holy spirit through their laying on of hands died, the gift of special knowledge or prophecy came to an end. Acts 8:14-17 1 Corinthians 13:8

Anything past that which did not refer to their words for authority is not inspired or from God.

(Galatians 1:8, 9) However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to YOU as good news something beyond what we declared to YOU as good news, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said above, I also now say again, Whoever it is that is declaring to YOU as good news something beyond what YOU accepted, let him be accursed.

However, one day there will be a kind of sequel to the Bible, and it will come from God -:

Revelation 20:11-13

11 And I saw a great white throne and the one seated on it. From before him the earth and the heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. 12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened. But another scroll was opened; it is the scroll of life. And the dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds. 13 And the sea gave up those dead in it, and death and Ha′des gave up those dead in them, and they were judged individually according to their deeds.

• 7 years ago

A few already come to mind, such as the book of mormon.

Of course, the original is in the public domain (except certain translations) so anyone can write a sequel.

• 4 years ago

in accordance to the Mormons he did. however the zealots from eons previous reported he does no longer write to any extent further. So i assume you're caught with a e book that refers in basic terms to the familiar international on the time (by and super what's right this moment the midsection East and areas of Africa and Southern Europe). understanding of The "New international" wasn't around. do no longer you think of if God replace into actual that he would supply updates each century or so? Any way it is going God did no longer write the bible, guy did and guy is infamous for grandstanding and serious exaggeration.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Nope not in this life. 1500 years of making and still it exist even after the atheist tried to pull God from the throne. The stars are and they run in order not in a path flying away from a center they come back every year to the same place an the same rotation monthly through the heavens.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

The Prophets and Writings could be viewed as sequels to the Law of Moses.

The New Testament could be viewed as a sequel to the Old Testament.

The Book of Mormon could be viewed as a sequel to the New Testament.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

I will pray for God to improve your communication skills as you lack any such thing.

If you had said 'THE MOVIE' in the first place I could have told you this"

The Bible is making the jump from cable to network TV, as Comcast’s (CMCSA) NBC said it has struck a deal for a sequel to History’s surprise spring hit. NBC’s version will be titled A.D.: Beyond the Bible and will pick up after Christ’s death, though after that it’s pretty open.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-07-02/nb...

• 7 years ago
  • 7 years ago

Right on, right on. Bump, set and spike. We are really dumb. We are so dumb. For real.

Haha, but I really enjoyed the additional details, illuminating.

• 7 years ago

the book of Mormon

John 10:16

And other sheep I have, **which are not of this fold**: them also I must bring, **and they shall hear my voice**; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

------------------------

re: "Pray for God to improve your thinking skills" Yeah because traditionally whenever people say "the Bible" they have been talking about a tv series. Idiot.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.