Kerry as a boy's name?

I was reading at Nameberry that 66% of those named Kerry are now boys. Do you think it's unisex enough now to be usable for a boy?

Favorite Answer

@Rachel - You are just one of the many ignorant morons in our world who hold society back from its ultimate goal of gender equality. Sure, a boy with a more girl-oriented name might be teased more-so than a girl with a more boy-oriented name, but do you honestly think that that's right?

How is that sexism ever going to change if we don't make a stand against it? After all, I imagine that the first generation of little girls to wear shorts and trousers to school in the old days were beaten, bullied and ostracized by school children on a daily basis, and their parents knew that but soldiered on anyway, because it was the RIGHT thing to do. But, by your warped way of thinking, shouldn't they have just given up and kept their daughters in frocks for the rest of their lives, and their granddaughters and great-granddaughters to, in order to avoid criticism - which is a permanent fixation in society?

Naming a boy Kerry (which isn't even 100% feminine), is no different to naming a girl Joey. Actually, I don't know where you live, but a girl named Joey, or Teddy, Drew or Spencer would be teased in most places. And she wouldn't be taken seriously at a fancy job interview whereas a boy named Kerry would have just as much of an opportunity in life as a man named Alexander. - more sexism, but there you go.

That aside, my blood-brother's name is Kerry, and he's never had any problem with it - not even now when he's living freely in the U.S. So, yeah, I think it's fine for a boy.

I never seen Kerry as a boys name

But I have see carry as a boys name

Cary Grant is the most famous Cary as a boys name

I went to a high school name Cary

I personally don't like that as a name for a boy (as others who have posted answers seem to agree....) but its cute none the less so if you want to name him this I do suggest that you spell it Carry instead of Kerry.... Although I have meet about 10 girls who have this name (all spelt either way) so no matter the way you spell it it might not matter to the boy you are naming...

Source(s): But What do I know???

You might think it says it as Carry but Kerry is without the c in with a k like kiss but Kerry

i know a girl named Kerry but never have a met a boy with that name...it just seems odd to me

• April

I think it's absolutely terrible.

However, if a boy were to be named this, I would prefer the spelling Cary.

Best of luck.

I know a guy named Kerey and a girl named Carrie. I think it works for both genders.

- I have a distant male relative named Kerry. He's about 30, so yeah, it works -

Well it's kind of like naming your kid Terry but I hear men having girl sounding names more in Europe than in the us.

• Snid

I wouldn't spell it like that either. I'd spell it Cary like Cary Grant or Cary Elwes.

It would be your choice to use it. Once people got used to it I think it would be fine. ANY name can get teased. ANY name.