Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 7 years ago

Thoughts on Steve Nash, Ray Allen, and Allen Iverson being drafted over Kobe?

disrespect sometimes I think that the draft is rigged. Kobe it automatically a top 15 player all time those guys are probably top 50 . Kobe has more rings than all those 3 combined.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Just think about this, kobe was drafted by charlotte hornets and was traded by vladi divac...Can you believe that? hahahhaha...Thats the reason why the lakers got him...Now, kobe is not a great highschool player, he has the potential but not great at all, compare an nba ready kind of player like nash, iverson,allen...They are an nba ready kind of player...So i dont think its a rigged at all unless you dont know the nba...Most people who said nba is rigged or draft is rigged because they dont seem to know and understand about anything...Can you believe that scottie pippen was drafted by seattle and then traded with the likes of olden polynice? one of the worst offensive player in the nba history...LOL... Because scout see differently than us, usual fans...They think scottie was too skinny to play in the nba, thats the reason why nobody really wants scottie...This is a fact...Nobody wants tony parker also in the draft day until SA and popovich give him a chance and draft that little dude...

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

Thoughts on ignorant Kobe fanboys talking smack about something about which they don't have the faintest clue?

There was no disrespect in the 1996 draft. If anything, it was just the opposite. Teams respected the statement by Kobe and his agent that the Lakers were the only team he'd consider playing for. Kobe had a private workout with the Lakers before the draft, and was very impressive. The Lakers told Kobe they wanted him, and Kobe already knew he wanted to play in a major market. This was before the 1999 CBA, which allowed teams to lock up drafted players for 7 years. No team wanted to spend a high draft pick on a 17-year-old who was going to leave then and join the Lakers in 2-3 years. So Kobe fell in the draft until the Lakers made a deal with the Hornets who had the 13th draft pick.

By the way, Nash was take 15th, two picks behind Kobe. Just FYI.

• 3 years ago

1996 massive 3 Bryant Iverson Nash 2003 massive 3 James Wade Anthony presently The ninety six Batch is greater advantageous by using A Hair...yet..... The 2003 would be greater advantageous by using 3-4 Years From Now..& greater advantageous by using Landslide.....

• 7 years ago

AI was great. Steve was great. Ray was great. Kobe didn't go to college. If NBA general managers could see the future, kobe wouldve been drafted higher

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Click
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Kobe Bryant was a high school player.

Clearly you have no clue how good Iverson was.

• 7 years ago

Kobe was coming out of HS don't forget about that, and his HS days weren't all that special so teams didn't want to take a chance on him, plus he had no college level experience playing ball which was also a factor.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

That's how the NBA Draft worked in those era.

Source(s): Can you do me a favor. Since NBA Final will start around, 9p.m Eastern Time. However, on Sunday it will start around, 8p.m Eastern Time. My thing is, I want to see they change the time to, 8p.m ET which would help others those who go to work early. Which mean, the game will finish around, 11:30p.m ET. If the game starts around, 9p.m ET, it will end around 12am ET. People who go to school or those who work would get less sleep, more so they do not want to miss the game. Etc. I think, it is a good idea to have the NBA Final start around, 8p.m ET, starting next year. This would help us fan. Here is there phone number. 888-549-3776. You can call, NBA as well. I think calling them would be easier. Since it is there sports event I am talking about. Here is there phone number. It is easy. Just follow the direction. 212-407-8342. Try to call both of the phone number. I gave you. Remember, this is the phone number in USA. Please. Thanks.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

cause allens a pimp iverson is sick and nash is a white african

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.