Joseph asked in SportsFootball (American) · 7 years ago

Who should be the Jaguars starting QB for this upcoming season?

All competitors for the job-

1.Blaine Gabbert

2.Chad Henne

3.Matt Scott

4.Jordan Rodgers

5.Mike Kafka

6.Denard Robinson (Not in the competiton, but has a very,VERY slight chance at being the starting QB.)

• Sean M
    Favorite Answer

Chad Henne gives the Jaguars the best chance of winning, but Blaine Gabbert will most likely be the starter Week 1 unless he really sucks during the preseason or gets injured during Training Camp

Gabbert. As bad as he has been so far, the others aren't long term solutions. Henne may well be a better player right now, but he has 0 chance of being the long term answer. Gabbert at least has some chance. Start Gabbert, let him fail, put Henne in to finish the year, and then draft a QB next year.

You have to take the long view on this stuff. Finding a QB who gives you a 5% better chance now isn't significant. If Gabbert becomes a franchise QB, that's worth gambling on. If he fails, you'd rather find out sooner than later.

Only Gabbert or Henne on this roster have any chance, and Gabbert is on his last one. I doubt that he succeeds, and Henne will likely replace him as starter around Week 4 to 6.

Who SHOULD be the starter? Not sure why they didn't pick up Alex Smith when he was available, cuz none of these bums could beat him out. There were no good QBs in the draft either.

Gabbert will START the season under center, but there's no doubt in my mind Henne will take over by mid-season.

Gabbert will get one more shot to start due to how high he was drafted.

Personally I think they'd have a better chance of winning with Henne under center for a full season.

I hear good things about Matt Scott but he's clearly no NFL ready and it would be suicide to put him out there with that team as green as he is.

The Jags will pick top 5 next year and take a QB no doubt in my mind.

Remember when people though Gabbert should of been the Number 1 pick? Lol.

I'd put my money on Gabbert. Henne is probably done in his development at this stage, and if Gabbert puts it together and adds to the young QB sensation the Jags could actually be kind of good next year (but that is a huge if).

I think Henne should start but Gabbert probably will and assure another losing season and a chance of the #1 pick.

The franchise is in serious trouble, bad management, no QB, no coaching and limited talent. Sounds like the Faiders.

They want to play bad in order to get Teddy Bridgewater.

I think Matt Scott is the best QB on that roster but I see the Jags starting Gabbert to give him his last chance as a starter. Then Give the reigns to Henne.

By 2014 I see the depth chart being this:

1. Teddy Bridgewater

2. Vince Young

3. Matt Scott

Jaguars suck man they will be nothing like the 99-00 jags 14-2 and the seahawks will kick the jags *** in Seattle you can bet on that!

Shoelace

JaMarcus Russell, he's better than all the six players listed.

Jaguars have very bad quarterbacks, so they should sign free agent Russell.