How to enable PVR on Samsung EH5300?

Hi, I have a Samsung EH5300. I was going to buy an external PVR but I read somewhere that you can enable PVR using Service Menu and ruSamsungTVCommunicator. Does anyone know how to do this?

Also, does it void my warranty?

Best Answer

How to activate PVR on Samsung EH5300

Notes: Before doing this, take note of your calibration settings because you'll lose your custom settings.

1.- Download ruSamsungTVCommunicator

2.- Connect your TV and your PC to your local network.

3.- Open ruSamsungTVCommunicator and wait until it finds your TV (If it doesn't find it, you'll need to manually enter its ip address)

4.- A prompt will be shown in your tv, accept it.

5.- Turn off your TV and ruSamsungTVCommunicator then press {INFO} {MENU} {MUTE} {POWER} on the remote and re-open ruSamsungTVCommunicator.

6.- Press FACTORY and after this 3SPEED buttons on ruSamsungTVCommunicator.

7.- From Service Menu select Control, than Sub-option; Find PVR and change it to ON and PVR Num =1

8.- Save settings by pressing POWER on remote controller (TV turns off)

9.- Enjoy your new PVR!!!

Notes: You'll need a fast usb stick or at least a 5300rpm hdd to be able to use the record and timeshift functions. You need first to format your drive to be able to use those functions, to do that go to AllShare, TV Records, select your drive, it will ask you to format it, do it. If it doesn't work it's because your drive isn't fast enough or the usb cable you're using is not good, so first try to use other cables.

Samsung Service Menu

Cheers man also worked on my 6500 which I set to 6800