If the wrong motor is installed in an air conditioner, will the air conditoner break?

Okay..background... I live in Las Vegas, NV. Back in May, I noticed that my central air conditioner would stop working at times. The unit outside my house would automatically turn off and the HVAC fan in my house would still circulate air. It would happen maybe once a month. So I called a commercial company to... show more Okay..background...

I live in Las Vegas, NV. Back in May, I noticed that my central air conditioner would stop working at times. The unit outside my house would automatically turn off and the HVAC fan in my house would still circulate air. It would happen maybe once a month. So I called a commercial company to take a look at it. They said my unit, which is 9 years old – 5 tons in a 1900 sq ft house (only one unit), was dirty, but working fine. He said the amount of amps it is producing is high, 23.1 out of a possible 25. He also said the compressor was going soon, but still working as the temperature coming from SOME of the vents was around 55 with an indoor temperature at 75. End of visit.

Fast forward to June…starting about a week after the visit tech visited, my A/C started going out about once a week. Outdoor temperature is about 103. The house can’t cool down below 78 until midnight when the A/C is on and sounds at least 3x louder than my neighbor’s unit who has the same exact unit. I called a new A/C tech who a family member of mine knew. He said it was the motor on the A/C. He also said the compressor was fine. So he replaced the motor. $250.

Now the Extended Heat Warning in Las Vegas kicks in and it is 118 outside. The A/C kicks off again and still can’t cool down the house below 78. So I have a third family member referral A/C tech come out. He said the compressor is fine, but now the motor the 2nd A/C tech installed is too big for my unit. He said the motor is drawing in 4.75 amps and my old one only drew out 1.5 amps. So it is a huge difference obviously. He told me to go back to the 2nd guy and have him replace it with the right one, because the current motor is elevating my fan and causing the hot air to become trapped on the side of my unit, inside of the hot air escaping straight up. 3rd tech also checked the refrigerant and the compressor. He said both are fine. He said after the correct motor is installed, the air in the house should circulate better, cool down my house better, lower the sound level it is currently making,

Now, my question is, could a motor really be the primary source behind my house not cooling down correctly as it has before in the past? I understand it could trip the thermal sensor and shut off my A/C… but does the A/C motor have anything to do with the house cooling down? The house is well insulated with not many windows. My power bill is about $100 more this month as well, compared to last year…if that means anything…Which tech seems right about what they are telling me and who is just BSing me?