N asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 7 years ago

Why are women allowed to play video games?

They ruin it. They know by being female people will go easier on them, team with them, give them things, etc. It's pathetic. And they'll pick 'hot' looking characters to have an advantage. It's just like real life without the battling. They use their looks to their advantage. It's annoying. Then if they beat you they try to take credit for it, as if they didn't get all these advantages first.

Favorite Answer

Women are allowed to play video games because they have the means to acquire the device to play the game and the game itself.

Sounds like you are referring to MMO's. How do you know that it's a female playing the hot female character? What if it's a male role playing? Also, you assume that all females take advantage of these "perks" you listed. I know many female gamers that don't gain anything without actually earning it. Hi, I'm one of them.

You're a pathetic, sad little man. You wouldn't even have video games if it weren't for the first video game developers who were mostly women. It's only when men got their hands on it in the 80s, that it started to fill empty minded, simple idiot men like you, to think its just for men. Don't believe me? Do some historical research on gaming. Of course you're too much of an insecure mutt to force yourself to do it. So go ahead. Hate all you like and get whipped by a male avatar, controlled by a girl who has a unisex or masculine username.

Psh, I sometimes pick guy characters in video games. What advantage do I get there, hmm? And from my experience, even when using a female character, people do not go any easier on me.

I've never had any of those supposed advantages in video games. And shouldn't you be complaining about the MEN who give women things in video games? It's not like the women make them do it.

You're probably a troll, but whatever.

Edit: Also, if women weren't allowed to play video games, I think you would be crushing the dreams of many men. :P

First, that is a sexist remark. I AM A GIRL who plays video games. I have NEVER used my gender for an excuse! AND I always try to dress my charters modestly. I have way more guy characters than girls, because sometimes girl characters are designed for MEN. They have big breasts, and a perfect curve. I hate that. So that's why I play guys. I have played video games for MY own fun since I was very little, and I have never used it to get attention. If anything guys ruin games for girls because they attack, and hurt girls who play games. Just read some things off this site that guys have said to girls.

http://fatuglyorslutty.com/

I really hope that you have NEVER said this to anybody before.

Cause they can if they want. There's no law permitting them not too.

Female gamers are awesome. I don't go easy on them I treat them the same as a male gamer. I highly doubt they use their looks to win. I have never heard of any girl doing that.

I have a female friend who likes to play video games and she's very cute and very good at playing games.

You're messed up dude.

"The complex relationship between women and video games has received extensive academic, corporate, and social attention. While composing 47% of the gamer population as of 2012,[1] female gamers have traditionally represented a distinct minority of total gamers. Advocates for increasing the number of female gamers stress the problems attending disenfranchisement of females from one of the fastest-growing cultural realms as well as the largely untapped nature of the female gamer market. Efforts to include greater female participation in the medium have addressed the problems of gendered advertising, social stereotyping, and the dearth of female video game creators (coders, developers, producers, etc.). Debate has also been provoked regarding whether the proper course of the industry should be to create female-targeted games in parallel with male-targeted games or whether gender-neutral games should be the ultimate goal. After decades of gender disparity among players, the gap between number of male and female gamers is today closing." You ***. WOMEN MAKE UP 47% OF THE GAMING POPULATION.

• Alex

Because they don't actually play them.

And no, those are guys pretending to be girls.

There are also no girls on the internet don't you know? It's a rule. I think rule number 16 if I'm not mistaken.

Although it is true that female characters "which do exist" do receive unfair benefits despite it being a male behind the screen.

• Recca6 years agoReport

*Slams my face into a wall* You dense ****! How stupid are you?!?!

Uh...because we can. I like video games but I don't play online games or M rated games. I play Spyro, Skylanders, and Pok'emon. You sir are sexist.

Hello,

I am a game tester and i love my job! It's amazing earn money to do what i like most: play videogames

You can find all the informations to become game tester here http://bitly.com/1qbJQia

Bye Bye

• Lhotse

Sorry but if guys are stupid enough to give advantages to girls in video games because they pick an avatar with big **** and small clothes then more fool them. How stupid do men have to be before we stop feeling sorry for them and start pointing out that they ought to stop thinking with their *****?

First of all, you're a ******* asshole. And sexist. We don't use our "looks" to win. You can't even see us over Wifi. Plus most of us aren't that proud of our looks, and we play video games to forget about it. We don't want anyone to go easy on us, and treat us the same as you boys. We pick girl characters because, hmmm. WE'RE GIRLS. We don't see them as "hot." You're really an idiot if you think we plan all of this. It's not that deep, and video games aren't meant for just boys.

Source(s): Go die in a hole.