what does mean canada day?

I heard tomorrow july first is the day of canada but what does mean that?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Bill
    Lv 6
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Canada Day (French: Fête du Canada) is the national day of Canada, a federal statutory holiday celebrating the anniversary of the July 1, 1867, enactment of the British North America Act, 1867 (today called the Constitution Act, 1867), which united three colonies into a single country called Canada within the British Empire.

• 7 years ago

Canada has a birthday on July 1st, it means today. Canada Day is a national holiday in Canada that is celebrated with family picnics, barbeques, and fireworks.

Canada Day is always observed on July 1st unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed the following day like today is not a sunday (Though many people still celebrate on the Sunday).

A long time ago, Canada belonged to Great Britain. Over time, parts of the country joined together and wanted to form their own government.

On July 1, 1867, the British government (under Queen Victoria) approved a plan which allowed Canada to become an independent country with its own government. This new nation, which remained loyal to Britain, was called the Dominion of Canada. At that time, the new Dominion of Canada had only four provinces (Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick). These days, there are 10 provinces and 3 territories.

• 7 years ago

It's Canada's birthday. Canada became a nation on July, 1867

• 7 years ago

a day to party in Canada its our birthday.

like the 4th of july in america

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

What does mean canada day?

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Why does a guy get 25 years for dog fighting

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Did my friend have sex?

• Jana
    Lv 6
    3 years ago

How to deal a jealous husband?

• 4 years ago

Why do some girls prefer bad boys to 'gentlemen'(gentle boys or nerds

• Binnie
    Lv 6
    4 years ago

My Husband wants to be a model?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.