Do Americans like James Bond and other British films?

I myself am British, I was very pleased with Skyfall and its enormous success. I was glad to show the world and to Hollywood that the British can still make good films and that our film industry didn't die in the 1960's.

I was also pleased with Harry Potters success

Favorite Answer

Of course, many Americans love James Bond movies. However, assuming that everyone in America loves the films would be as presumptuous as saying "All Brits drink warm beer and love football." Blanket statements rarely cover every case.

Certain British films have done well here- "Bend It Like Beckham," "Snatch," "Train Spotting,"and "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" have been warmly welcomed and have earned critical acclaim and respectable box office takes.

Americans love James Bond so much, believe me, they believe the franchise to be a Hollywood invention.

I, for one, love British movies, with movies like "Hope and Glory" and "A Room With A View" topping my list.

james bond and harry potter are both very popular here in the states. our countries really arent that different when it comes to the media we consume.

i personally love british culture, england is cool!

Absolutely.

Dr No is one of my favorites.

Monty Python

Dead of Night