Tom asked in SportsBoxing · 7 years ago

How can I become a boxing judge in Chicago?

I love boxing and was wondering how can I become a boxing judge in Chicago?

Where do I get a license?

Favorite Answer

Tom,

Illinois Athletic Commission and or Department of Regulation both in the same building. If you want to judge amateur fights go to USABoxing.com and there they will put you in the right direction.

I will tell you this Tom, if it's professional boxing that interested in judging having judged in the amateurs will benefit you greatly and I think it will be recommended. I know you will have to be considered "Self Employed" and pay your own taxes.

If you want some hands on training go to USABoxing.com and find a gym near you, Sam Colona has a gym in Chicago, There's Garfield Park where Bill is the head coach, There's Fuller Park where George Hernandaz if the head coach and there is a gym just outside of Chicago in Joliet Lunas Boxing Club, head coach Miguel Luna assisted by Thomas "Boo" Moreno that is free. Go to one of these gyms or anyone you find on the USABoxing website and take a look, hang around the gym, watch the sparring sessions get to know the trainers and fighters. find out where some upcoming boxing matches are going to take place go to the show and speak to the judges, most if not all I'm sure would be more than happy to answer any of your questions and put you in the right direction. Good luck Tom

All you got to do is become corrupt and take cash bribes and you will be set.

• coco

Pay money to the "machine".