sometimes you can try hard and not succeed at something? because of corruption?

how common is this

• ?
    Favorite Answer

There is corruption everywhere, whether you see it or not. Sometimes it is just small corruption, sometimes it is large corruption; it is very common.

Here are some examples:

You want a promotion... you do very good work, you're always on-time, and you get along with everyone in the office. Your boss notices Gary first, however, because Gary is easy to push around; Gary does whatever his boss asks, whether it is pleasant or unpleasant. This is corruption.

You go to buy a car. The car only costs $12,000 to build and freight only costs $900... When you go to buy a car, however, the car salesmen wants to sell you the car for $40,000. This, too, is corruption.

You want to be popular really bad and a good opportunity comes when your friend invites you to popular person's party... you accept the invitation and go to the party, but, when you arrive, your friend ignores you so that he/she can talk to the popular kids. This, too, is corruption.

As I said, it is very common.

That is true. I live in a very small community. The only people who get jobs here (which are few and far between) are those who have "connections". They are not necessarily the best qualified, they aren't always the nicest people but that, in my opinion, is corruption.

I don't know how common it is but it is very common where I live.