Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 7 years ago

Japanese re-make InuYasha - The Holy Pearl?

I've been watching anime since I was ..... maybe five years of age.. It's been 10 years and I'm more

into Korean, Japanese and Taiwanese dramas now. Of course, being a girl I like the more romantic

dramas but like an action or family-based themes as well. Lately I've been watching a lot of (all asian)

Japanese re-makes of anime or manga series.. it's fun to see how they twist the story to make it

more.... Romantic.. or funny... or just keep the EXACT same story-line-theme.

I've watched It Started With A Kiss/They Kiss Again (and Playful Kiss which is a Korean ver.) which is a Taiwanese re-make of the anime

Itazura Na Kiss..

I've also seen a few Japanese and Taiwanese MOVIES based off anime and manga..

But when I heard there was a live action re-make of InuYasha.. my childhood favorite anime... I almost died.. I mean.. with all the ..fantasy and sy-fy.. it would just be AWFUL.. googling it a bunch I realized it wasn't so much a re-make as it was a drama that followed the same story.. which would make it a re-make.. but you get my point.. it wasn't exactly the same..

So.. I googled it a whole bunch and found that a lot of people seem to like it aside from all the cheesy-ness that wasn't.. apparently.. all that cheesy.

Anyway, my point is.. can you please tell me a bit about it.. a... very detailed in-site and tell me whether it's worth watching all .. was it ... 32.. episodes?

PLEASE TELL ME SOMETHING OF USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU VERY.. very MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT HELP!!!!!!

.. I think..

!!!!!

Favorite Answer

The Holy Pearl is a 2011 Chinese Television series starring Gillian Chung as the daughter of an archeologist. She time travels back in time to discovers she is a reincarnation a warrior priestess. She teams up with a human-dragon hybrid, to recover a broken magical vase. The story is an unofficial adaptation of Rumiko Takahashi's popular Japanese manga series InuYasha.

Here is the plot line for it.

Many years ago Mo Yin, the human form of Goddess Tengshe, was jealous of her sister Xian Yue's popularity with the humans they protected and the love she received from the king. Mo Yin colluded with the demon Lord Shi You Ming to kill her sister Xian Yue. The act upset the balance between the God/ Human/ Demon worlds giving demons an upper hand.

In the present, Xian Yue's reincarnation, Ding Yao, is an average college student majoring in history. While helping her father, an archaeologist, she comes across the Nine-Star Wheel, accidentally triggering it causing her to go back 3,500 years into the past to Nan Yue.

Once there the king of Nan Yue wishes to marry her upon seeing her resemblance to Xian Yue. Ding Yao flees the palace only to be attacked by demons who are after the Demon-Subduing Vase. She hides in a tomb where the half-breed; Wen Tian is held prisoner and subsequently frees him and saves her. The Demon-Subduing Vase appears mysteriously from a clay figurine Ding Yao carries.

Unfortunately, Ding Yao accidentally shatters the vase. Now she set on a mission alongside Wen Tian to re-forge the vase using the holy pearls that Goddess Nüwa left behind from creating the human world.

Holy Pearls