Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 6 years ago

Should the Nationals try to get Giancarlo Stanton in the trade deadline?

It's no secret how terrible the Nats offense is!! Stanton is an established slugger! And Bryce Harper can't stay healthy to save his life!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • MrTR
    Lv 4
    6 years ago
    Best Answer

They could probably bag Stanton if they wanted to. They could trade a few prospects in order to get him. They could probably trade Span, Tyler Moore and a few prospects to get him. They would have to move Werth to center, unless they manage to trade him elsewhere.

• ℑℑ
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

SHOULD they? Yes.Who wouldn't want to have Stanton on their team? The Marlins have stated that they are not shipping Stanton off. If they change their minds, they are going to be getting calls from a lot of teams.

WILL they? Probably not.

They already have Harper, Span, and Werth in the outfield.There is no room for him. They could include Werth in a trade, but who knows if the Marlins even want him and his contract. They are NOT trading Span either. Even though he has been a disappointment this season, the Nats have not had a good center fielder for quite some time.There is still plenty of games left for Span to turn this season around. I do not think a 34-year-old, Werth, would be able to play center field full time as he has had some injuries the past couple of years as well....The Nats would as well have to give up a significant amount of prospects to get him, and I don't think they will have enough to meet the Marlins needs.Anthony Rendon would be involved in a Stanton deal,but I doubt they are going to give him up.

• 6 years ago

There are so many things wrong with this statement.

1) Bryce Harper is starting when he comes back, whether you like him or not. The club invested their future in him and Strasburg.

3) The Marlins wouldn't trade Stanton to a division rival.

4) We all know Jeffrey Loria is a ***hole, but if he trades Stanton now, Marlins fans would never forgive him and leave the team for good.

• M
    Lv 6
    6 years ago

I doubt the Marlins would trade their best player to a division rival, unless the offer is too good to pass up on.

I thought for sure the Rangers were going to get him by the trade deadline, but Profar's trade value is dropping, partially because the Rangers aren't showcasing his defensive skills at SS and partially because he's not hitting well.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • bird
    Lv 6
    6 years ago

who shouldn't try

but why would the Marlins trade him at this point?

they have a young rotation they have already traded for.

also a young core of position players, which Stanton is the center of.

he can't go anywhere until after next year.

• 6 years ago

The Marlins will not send him to another NL East team, he'll go to the NL West or to the AL.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.