Thoughts about windows 8 ?

Hello everyone, what do you guys think of windows 8 ? Is it better than windows 7 ? And is it easy to work with ?

Favorite Answer

I recently bought a more powerful computer, and It came preloaded with Windows 8. Using XP and 7 all my life, Its a little hurdle to jump, but not a large issue. The thing most uncomfortable to me and many others is the start button is missing. Sure, the Windows 8 start screen has many apps you downloaded from the internet routed there, but not all programs show up there. I end up having to fish through my computers hard drive for the program's .exe file, and make a shortcut for it. Annoying? yes. The interface seems like it was made for more simple PC users, with very basic and well known programs. There are some good things about it, like the OS' speed overall, and the lightning fast startup speed. Under a minute, and your PC is ready to do anything. I'm still learning to use it, but overall, it feels clunky to someone who uses there computer for more than just social media and creating documents. The interface seems to be laid out so you can buy and download programs from microsoft's store app, sometimes making it feel like a trapped OS, similer to the Android or IOS. As a PC gamer, I'd rather be using Windows 7. It seems like Vista did when it came out. Simple, and clunky to those who know their way around a computer. If you enjoyed Windows 7, get it again. If you had troubles in windows 7, and mainly use your computer for simple web browsing or other simple tasks, get Windows 8.

Source(s): Personal Experience

It's easy, once you get the hang of it. I've been using it since it was released on my desktop PC. I'm not a big fan of the apps but I do like the start screen. The tile interface gives me plenty of room to pin all my favorite programs.

There is something of a learning curve to it. I suggest you watch some videos. I like this one.

http://www.hanselman.com/blog/TheMissingWindows8In...

As far as benefits, it starts up and shuts down faster than 7, File Explorer is better, as is Task Manager, and the file move/copy dialog. It's just as stable as 7 and pretty much all your Windows 7 programs will work. It's run everything I've thrown at it so far.

After a little customizing Windows 8 can also look and feel just like Windows 7 so there's really no reason to avoid it.

- Dominic

Well, all I can say is that I like the new Start screen a lot... Windows 8, in that respect serves me for aesthetic reasons... but I also like the new ms office 2013...

I got mine from this site: tinyurl.com/q6e9pkm -- I personally do not have a penchant for mobile devices, knowing that that's the selling point for Windows 8 - but I am all for increased speed and efficiency.. it's all good.

Its good, in my opinion it is better than windows 7 but you need to get the hang of windows 8

It has it's pro's and con's but u definitely need a touch screen, or you're in ****

But I know someone that did some funny thing to his so on start, he chooses between windows 7,windows 8, and Linux. But he has a super fast, core i7,7 terabyte 8gb RAM computer, so I wouldn't advise it with just any computer

Source(s): I never expected to come across a condiment survey lol

No it isn't easy. If you have great experience of previous versions (7, vista, XP) you will hate it. No more start button !!!

But they say it is lighter OS and faster. So give it a chance. There are some free programs that reassembles the start screen with the older version of 7.

Source(s): 4 day windows 8 user!

I got a new HP laptop with w8...we have struggled with it for near 4 months....its been a big problem....poor os and poor computer.

On my older computers I use linux. Its just too easy.

The wifes laptop has W7...no issues.

I have only one rule...

new is always better.

Source(s): Barney Stinson