Film & TV Director / Hematologist?

Hi. I'm about to be 16 and about to go into my junior year of high school. When I was little, I would change my career everyday, from meteorologist to doctor etc. The past couple of year, I have had no idea what I would do as a career. Up until recently, I was completely lost. However, recently I've been... show more Hi. I'm about to be 16 and about to go into my junior year of high school. When I was little, I would change my career everyday, from meteorologist to doctor etc. The past couple of year, I have had no idea what I would do as a career. Up until recently, I was completely lost. However, recently I've been really getting interested in the world of film and acting. Looking back now, I've always been interested in cameras and how videos and animations are made as well as how actors interact on screen. The past year, I've been in Intro to Theatre as a class, and I realized I actually really enjoy it. Now, I think I may want to pursue a career as both an actor and a director. Believe me, I've done my research and looked at interviews and I have a pretty good idea of just how difficult both of those industries are to be successful in. But, this is something I realized I really want to do with the rest of my life. However, I know that very few schools offer directing programs, and many film schools will either take your money or just teach you uselessness about the history of film. I also know that it's EXTREMELY difficult for beginning actors to find jobs and make money because most of the time they get rejected at auditions. But once again, when I look to the future, this is the thing I have the biggest passion for.

Now, when I started to even hint that this is the direction I want to go to towards my parents, they immediately shot it down. They made it very clear to me that actors are deadbeats and make no money in their eyes. I don't listen to any of my parents opinions, but I know just how hard it's going to be to break into this industry will little to no cash and very little training (other than a few short films I've made for school). So, I've created the stupidest plan on earth. I'm thinking of reviving my old dream of being a doctor and I'll start training to be a hematologist (they made ridiculous money btw). Once I finish school and start making some money, I can start putting my acting/directing plan into effect and start living the dream. If it doesn't work, I still have income as a doctor. Even though a hematologist is an okay job in my opinion, I definitely don't wanna do that forever.

Please, please tell my if this could possibly work at all. I know how hard it is to be a doctor and how much it is, but still please help me. I'm at a dead zone and I need to start telling my parents my career goals and looking at colleges. Please help my figure out if this is worth a shot, because I don't wanna give up on my dream.

Additional: I'm not very good at math and science
I chose hematology because I'm interested in how blood poisoning and cancer affect the body