Does the GOP contain fake Republicans and RINOs?

If you support either of the following or just 1 of the following:

Big Government

Anti-Libertarianism

Environmental Regulations

Infrastructure Spending

Healthcare Insurance Mandate

Amnesty

Gun Control

Higher Taxes

Decrease Military Spending

Support Gay Marriage and Abortions

Teacher Unions

Welfare

Social Security

Compromise with Obama and Liberalism

YOU ARE A RINO and a Liberal in disguise that should kicked out of the GOP.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No. The GOP has always been Republicans and RINOs. You've just been indoctrinated to unrealistic idealism if you believe a political party was supposed to champion all things conservative. Their reason for existence is to win elections, not to prove that radical conservatism is the most viable governing strategy. When a majority of voters see that kind of philosophy as too callous and cruel and NOT WORKING AT ALL, of course Republicans will adopt a softer, more liberal approach to stay popular. If they don't, the political party goes extinct. Many already have in the history of our country.

The political parties are not as tied to their current associations as we assume. They've often morphed and changed ideologies as they've grappled with each other to win elections and stay relevant and viable. That's why the first Republican president was probably the most pro-Big Government as all. That's why Republican Nixon started the EPA. That's why the Republican and Democrat Parties dominate while the more idealistic third parties flounder as they ride temporary waves of public opinion and then fail to adapt to new generations of voters.

I know conservatives hate this reality because they want to be seen as unchanging and resolute, but it's the truth -- the Republican Party wasn't always the conservative party.

• John W
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

I feel like the Republican part has left me, I am going to join the Constitutional party

• sadly, you have described about 99 percent of the Republican Party. Republicans are spineless weasels and Democrats are anti American loons

• 7 years ago

unfortunatley, YES, it does

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.