Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Responding to my previous question. I never had any intentions of buying a lithograph of a picasso painting.?

Why would Ebay allow any seller to mislead buyers into buying a so-called Picasso painting, if it is not real, and to included a Certificate Of Authenticity Why would they included COA? Can a reproduction painting have a COA?

Favorite Answer

Lithographs are produced in limited amounts. That COA is about like COA you get in a comic book, a con to get noobs to pony up their money for something that is just a reproduction.

I'm sure original Piccssos are not offered on Ebay but limited edition lithographs and etchings are so numerous by Picasso they are not expensive and there is no reason to fake them.