Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Deer asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 8 years ago

Neighbor moved trash cans?

Right after the trash have been picked up, they moved my trash cans to the sidewalk, so they can park in front of my house without asking. It is not that we mind their parking, but on the sidewalk. It will make us looks bad. What should we do?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • daniel
    Lv 4
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Ideally trash cans should be brought in right after the trash is collected, but barring that there is nothing else that can be done.

You won't look "bad" since it will be obvious to anyone who notices the parked car that the cans were moved by the owners of the car in order to get it parked and not by the the owners of the cans themselves.

Source(s): Personal opinion.
  • 8 years ago

What should we do?

I'm assuming you don't have assigned street parking in your neighborhood - a space that you pay for.

This is usually done only to specify a handicapped spot.

Otherwise, why would they have to ask since on-street parking is considered public parking in most places?

Check with your local governing body (city, county, whatever) to see if you are allowed to block public parking after trash removal.

I'm willing to bet the answer is no.

If it's illegal to block public parking with your empty trash bins, then consider yourselves lucky that your neighbors haven't called code enforcement on you.

They're probably avoiding that because neighborhood "wars" are really ugly.

What this really boils down to is communication.

You need to talk to your neighbors and find a compromise.

...Is there a place they can move the containers to that doesn't reflect badly on you? Is moving the cans to such a place worth it to them to gain the parking spot?

...Can they move the cans immediately to the front/rear of where they're parking?

...Are you able to move the cans immediately after pick up?

• 8 years ago

Hello Deer,

My best suggestion would be you come down and talk to your neighbour in a good

way.Make is firm but in a friendly way.

If you stay quiet,your neighbour thought you're all okay but then,you're not.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Wow. Big deal. Most of us have bigger things to worry about than a bunch of cans that you can just move from one place to another. Use your brain, der!!! x :0 :S

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.