Help me with graphics card drivers!?
I have tried to play a number of 3-D games on my computer (Minecraft, Crusader Kings 2, Civilization 4: Beyond the Sword, Medieval 2; Total War, and Victoria 2) and all of them are complaining that either (in the case of minecraft) it can't open an accelerated OpenGL mode or (in the case of everything else) it failed to create a graphics device. Thanks to minecraft I know that it comes from my video card drivers being outdated, but when I try to look up what video card thingamajig there is a blank spot where it should tell me (oh and I have windows vista just to let you know). I can't find where to update my video card drivers on sites anyway. please help or I won't be able to play my favorite games.
- Misc Tech AdviceLv 58 years agoFavorite Answer
1) Get GPU-Z from the link below
2) Run it and identify your card model/type (probably integrated)
3) Go to the manufacturers site (Intel, AMD, or Nvidia depending on the card) or google "xxx driver download" where xxx indicates the model of your card
4) ProfitSource(s): http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/