Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Help me with graphics card drivers!?

I have tried to play a number of 3-D games on my computer (Minecraft, Crusader Kings 2, Civilization 4: Beyond the Sword, Medieval 2; Total War, and Victoria 2) and all of them are complaining that either (in the case of minecraft) it can't open an accelerated OpenGL mode or (in the case of everything else) it failed to create a graphics device. Thanks to minecraft I know that it comes from my video card drivers being outdated, but when I try to look up what video card thingamajig there is a blank spot where it should tell me (oh and I have windows vista just to let you know). I can't find where to update my video card drivers on sites anyway. please help or I won't be able to play my favorite games.

Favorite Answer

1) Get GPU-Z from the link below

2) Run it and identify your card model/type (probably integrated)

3) Go to the manufacturers site (Intel, AMD, or Nvidia depending on the card) or google "xxx driver download" where xxx indicates the model of your card

4) Profit