Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Ally asked in HealthWomen's Health · 8 years ago

How to stop period cramps FAST!?

I took 3 200 mg ibuprofen about 1hr. ago, and the cramps won't go away....please oh please help!!!! Iv'e tryed laying on my back and it made me want to curl up in fetal position, iv'e got a warm water bottle and placed it on the lower part of my belly..but nothing works! Iv'e taking Midol in the past put never had any luck. Can anybody tell be anything to get rid of these damn cramp please.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Whenever I get cramps I just lay down with heating pads on the places it hurts, and drink warm tea. Helps me a lot wish you luck!

• 8 years ago

I have the same problem, I know how awful it is. Unfortunately nothing will make them go away immediately. In my opinion Alieve is the only pain reliever that will work for my cramps. My doctor prescribed me naproxen (same ingredient) for my cramps years ago. I suggest taking two, getting a heating pad and waiting it out.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.