Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Eating 300 calories, burning 600?

Can i lose 1 lb a day on this diet?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • J
    Lv 6
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Eating 300 calories total per day? That's not enough

You have a basal metabolic rate which burns calories constantly to keep you alive, even if you are sleeping. Lets assume your basal metabolic rate is 2000 cals a day. This means you burn 2000 calories a day just from breathing, your heart beating, cells doing their thing, etc. That means you could eat 1200 calories a day and still have an 800 calorie defecit per day which could result in a pound a week loss. Plus if you are burning 600 EXTRA calories through exercise, you will have a defecit of 1400 calories a day. So keep in mind that you are burning calories every second of your life, so you need to eat a lot more than 300 calories a day

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I think you'll lose more than weight. This is not a safe diet. PLEASE nourish yourself. If you eat less than 1200 calories a day, then your body will go into "starvation mode" where it holds onto every calorie it can get. Your not likely to lose weight on your current diet. You must be running 5 miles or equivalent, if you're burning that many calories. You should be eating at least 1800 calories, I think, you didn't give age, gender anything like that. You should find out how many calories it takes to sustain your current weight (age, gender, activity, metabolism all affect this) and subtract AT MOST 500 calories. You are doing a MAJOR disservice to your body.

Source(s): mon cerveau
  • 8 years ago

You can put yourself in the hospital with that diet, no questions there! Do NOT eat less than 1200 calories day. Eat 5-6 small meals and you can loose. 1lb a day is VERY unrealistic for ANY diet including extreme ones. 300 a day is not enough to sustain your body, it will go into starvation mode and you WILL have issues!

• No offense, but why not eating the right foods, reaching your recommended calorie intake and working out 6 times per week? You'll lose weight, burn fat, get toned, and get more health, eating 300cal and burning 600 won't even work for too long because your body will stop responding, it's like trying to ride a car with no gas.

Source(s): I recovered an ed, and I'm into health and fitness.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Sandy
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

The way to lose weight is eating balanced meals, drinking plenty of water and getting moderate exercise.

A healthy weight-loss goal is 1-2 pounds per week.

Your plan is dangerous and unhealthy.

• 8 years ago

You will most likely pass out and go to the hospital for low blood sugar

• Kim
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

You can gain… a mental disorder this diet is worse than some anorexics!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.