I am a hopeful director growing up in Australia?

It's no secret that the film industry is in a crisis here in Australia. As a hopeful director, this discourages me terribly. At the moment I'm only 16, and with luck when I graduate from university the recession will have lessened its choke hold on the entertainment industry. Unlike doctors or engineers,... show more It's no secret that the film industry is in a crisis here in Australia. As a hopeful director, this discourages me terribly. At the moment I'm only 16, and with luck when I graduate from university the recession will have lessened its choke hold on the entertainment industry.
Unlike doctors or engineers, we directors are not guaranteed work once we leave college. Many of us will probably spend most of our younger lives eating two minute noodles. Are there any filmmakers out there in the world who have experienced something similar (as in been unsure as to what the future holds for them)? I'd like to either be consolidated or at the very least gain a picture of how my life may pan out in a bureaucratic society which is less than welcoming to budding directors.
1 answer 1