Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 8 years ago

brownish red discharge?

My last period was almost 3 weeks ago and I am suppose to get my period the next couple days (my placebo birth control pill week starts tomorrow)

I am 19 years old and sexually active. I am on mononessa bc pill and I havent missed a pill for 2 months.

My last period was very short, only one day, and was very light. When I started birth control 1 year ago it has been getting slowly shorter and shorter. so 2 months ago it was only 2 or 3 days (when im not on bc it lasts 7-8 days)

Today i woke up with a brownish red discharge, and every time i use the bathroom it is back. I have never gotten this the day before a period ever. What does that mean?

Favorite Answer

If the cause of the brown vaginal discharge is simply old uterine cells, then the treatment may be simple life style suggestions such as better nutrition, regular exercise and drinking more water.

Brown vaginal discharge is most often associated with old endometrial tissues. In other words, if your period is late you might get a brown, rather than red, discharge. It could also mean that for whatever reason during your last menses the entire uterine lining failed to make a timely exit. What you are seeing now is the fashionably late exit.

In some cases however there is cause for concern. So You can get it check if you want to be sure.

Sometimes it is just nature.

Could be a mixture of tomato and brown sauce...

Hope I helped