Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

what happens if i make Google my "default browser"?

I dont know what "default browser " is. i am trying to remove delta search search toolbar because its a malware. if i make google my "default browser" does it remove delta search?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Jose V
    Lv 6
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

By making google your default browser it makes it so anything you open outside of a browser opens up in google.

Say you have a link in microsoft word. If google chrome is your default browser it will open the link in google chrome. Or if a friend sends you a link on some messenger like skype same thing will happen.

• 8 years ago

default browser -

It is the browser that starts up when you click on a link in another program. For example if you are using Windows Mail for email and click on a URL in the mail the default browser starts and shows the correct page. Sometimes the help button in a program will show help from the default browser. When you install a new browser it will always ask you if you want it to be the default browser. When you first get your computer Internet Explorer will be the only browser and the default.

NO setting chrome as default browser won't delete delta search. For deleting delta search watch this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2v71cp0JYI (tip: start the video at 3:50)

• 8 years ago

If you make google chrome as your default browser all the hyperlinking will be redirected to google chrome ,

• 4 years ago

Since I have foxfire as my default browser. there are two ions on my desktop firefox and internet explorer. If I CHOSE GOOGLE CROME AS MY BROWSER WILL I STILL BE ABLE TO USE MY OTHER BROWSERS

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.