Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 8 years ago

First anime convention. Help!?

I am pretty short and have a very vulgar/ colorful vocabulary, so I'm cosplaying as Karkat Vantas from Homestuck and this is my first anime convention. Is there anything I should know about? Dangers/warnings about stalkers or glomping? Please help!

Favorite Answer

Basically, just exercise good etiquette! Seal your makeup so it doesn't rub off on others' cosplays or merchandise, ask permission before hugging people or taking photos, be respectful of fellow congoers, and obey any directions convention staff give you. Be careful with being too in-character; shouting or excessive language can get you in trouble at some cons. Although I don't foresee this being a problem, if anyone gives you any kind of trouble, talk to a staff member about it and they'll put a stop to it.

Best of luck with your cosplay, and have a good time at the con!

Source(s): Three years of cosplaying
  • ?

i've been to many cons including (the best one in my opinion) nyc comic con (2nd largest only to california) i've never been stalked or had any problems so don't worry and enjoy =)

Are you going to Otakon? HAVE NO FEAR MY DEAR! IT'S AWESOMMMMEEEEEE! I don't think you'll have any serious problems.