Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 8 years ago

What to do about my ex?

We dated for 2 years and have been broken up for 1.5. While we dated he was abusive and i went through a rough spot when my dad passed away. He was also verbally abusive and he hit me once. I also found out that he hit his ex 2 and verbally lashed out at her. Well he finally contacted me saying that hes bisexual and that he wanted to hang out. I confronted him about the abuse but i feel that he took it the wrong way, i am not angry about him being bi, gay, whatever im just upset that he put me down in the past and my gay friend seems to think it was because he was in the closet and trying to come to terms with his sexuality/masculinity. I made it pretty clear i was upset how he just abused me but i dont understand why, even if he thought he was bi he should have just told me. I would have loved him even if he was bi bc ive dated bisexual guys in the past. When we broke up he wasnt sure if wed get back together and i just dont know what to do at this point, i was strong enough to overcome the abuse but is it a weakness that i am this forgiving?

I get where your coming from but he had or has no right to take things like that out on you. He shouldn't abuse you. If I were you I'd get out of there as soon as I can but if you've overcome the abuse I still wouldn't go back with him and not because he'a bisexual or gay but because he may start abusing for a different reason. I think you are quite forgiving but I'd tell your ex just to try and take it slow and tell him how much you hurt. Probably doesn't help a whole lot but I tried and I hope it all works out for you!