Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 8 years ago

Why are many girls lesbians?

Could it be that they just found out men are not important to us at all because we need men only for money.

Favorite Answer

Well, you also need them for sperm. And to fight your wars for you.

There is no accurate answer for this question as there are bound to be MANY different answers. Some event or occurance caused the woman to question her sexuality. However, I disagree that women need men for money. I don't really think either gender (men or women) NEEDS the opposite for anything in particular. Women can be independent and make their own money just as us guys can make our own food

• ?

Actually studies suggest there are more gay men than lesbian women. And that there are more bisexual women than bisexual men.

Personally I need my man for a whole lot more than money. We share a wonderful life together. And I don't fancy women.

And vasily is wrong about the gay animals. Homosexual behaviour has been observed in at least 1500 species.

It's not true that "many" women are lesbians. Some are (about 1%), most are not.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12594197

About 52% of US adults believe that 25% of the population are gay, and most of these people are uneducated. So there you go.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/147824/Adults-Estimate-...

As for women becoming lesbian because they only need men for money, well this is irrelevant. First of all, homosexuality is not a life style choice, and secondly, we all have to work these days, and thus earn our own money.

• ?

No! I could ask why are there many gay guys? But it doesn't matter how many there are. And no women don't need men for money because women can make their own living. Men and women interdepend on each other.

Most lesbiens are girls who where sexually abused at young age. Example: rape. Also as the person on top of me mentioned both sexes are independent they only need each other for reproduction. In my opinion gays lesbiens or the ones who like both are mentally ill (no offence i have a gay friend and a lesbian who after our conversation has a boyfriend). Gays and lesbians are against nature laws I like to explain it on magnets. For example + is female and - is male when you connect + and - they attach but same symbols wont go together. I am not trying to be rude or anything as i mentioned i have a gay friend it's just that many researches were made and that is the most believed theory also there are no gay or lesbian animals.

Thanks Ath for information i never knew about bisexual animals.