Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Would you attempt to pray away the gay?

• Spock
    Favorite Answer

'I Must, I Must, I Must Increase My Bust'

Na, didn't work.

• G C

As with all things, work is required. God is not a genie.

First, decide not to do what is against God's commands and desires.

Second, put it into action.

Third, results and growth.

It is the law, just like wealth or anything else. Work within the law and the law works for you. Sex is only for inside the marriage between a man and his wife. All else is a perversion to what God made pure and holy for marriage.

No. I have better things to pray about. Such as God blessing me with the patience and strength to take care of my recently knocked up best friend. Seeing as how the baby daddy isn't there.

Jesus said it would be this way and it's going to be worse than anything ever before. We are headed toward something we call Armageddon and the USA is prominently absent in that story. One would not want to be found resisting the prophecy.

Just as you can attempt to pray away poverty and disease, which im sure christians resort to. Even though its absurd

Why, we humans are imperfect and not evil per se. I think we want to be good and reach perfection. We do have will and can hurt, though. But what does gay have to do with it.

Well, I did, foolishly. It did not work. Fortunately I learned to accept myself.

• ?

No, that's retarded, and so is everyone who supports it and think it works.

Prayer doesn't work and homosexuality doesn't go away, nor should it.

• ?

No, I would just choose not to be gay.

Don't be silly.