Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 8 years ago

Is it normal for someone to talk to their ex-spouse more than their kid?

Sorry if the question sounds confusing but the character limit isn't that long.

I want to know is Is it normal for someone who has a kid with their ex they were married to, to talk to the ex more than the kid? & when they're talking to the ex most of the time it's nothing to do with the kid at all..Because this is the case with my boyfriend. He was married, had a kid & now divorced. He talks to his ex on a daily basis by calling and texting as well as on Facebook. And when she calls or texts he pretty much responds within 5 minutes(and he doesn't even do that for me, it may be 5 hrs later he calls me back or texts back).

I've been with someone who had a kid with an ex but the only reason they would call or text is to talk to their kid or ask about their kid, not too much conversation outside of that topic. Even some of my family members do this who aren't with their child's parent,they will not just call up & talk for 3 hrs about whatever.

Also she wants him to move near her too instead of making it where they have to meet halfway or something. I've tried to talk him into asking her why don't she move since all his family is here & she has no family where she lives at now. Plus my bf has a stable job here & there's no way of saying if he'll find work there.

In a way I just find it odd how much they talk & how she wants him to move & tells him to stop wasting money unless it's for his kid or bills. She already gets child support from him so he doesn't have much left of his check anyways after that and after bills and food. And she pretty much told him to save whatever is left to move. That he don't need to be going out or anything if he cares about his kid.

Is this normal or should I continue to keep a close eye or what? I just never dealt with a crazy babymama of my man's like this before. All my exes, their babymamas knew better.

We're just dating,not married.

Favorite Answer

I know a guy who acknowledges that he has a kid with his ex, but doesn't really have anything to do with the kid. He's not like a father or anything. He just created the kid. The kid doesn't even know. But, he and the ex do act like friends when he's in the mood.

I don't get it.

i think u are not happy with your situation.

whatever u wrote here u should tell your hubby

if u can't than tell him to read this post.

his job is to keep you happy not his ex.

you are his everything NOT her

he should realise this soon

if he doesn't than u find someone else and move on.

see hanging on to something where your better half is more focused somewher else will bound to get you on your head sooner than later, than it will be very depressing for u.

sort it up within a week and do whats best

Yes, it is.