Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
Lv 4

Will Atheists believe in God when they are past 20 years of age?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Funny, when I was younger I was a very strong believer. With age and knowledge, I outgrew childish things. I am a very happy and fulfilled atheist now and have been for years. Once you understand, you cannot go back to believing in fairy tales.

Let me put this is a way you can understand, appropriating for myself something from The Babble which was very precious to me when I was a Christian: "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." (1 Cor 13:11 KJV)

• ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

I got past 20 years of age 33 years ago, and I know many an atheist much older than me.

So quit stereotyping or lying or keeping your eyes closed, whichever the case may be.

• ?
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

I was raised believing this crap. I was sent to Sunday School, where the teacher encouraged us to "Read your Bible". Big mistake...I DID read it! By 12 or 13, I was sure this couldn't possibly be for real....

As I got older, I became more certain i had made the right decision. Now at 60+, I have no doubt. I think as we mature, we no longer need superstition and false hopes to build us up.

• Jim V
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

I was 33 before beginning to seek out God.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ILTG
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

Another stupid iranian I'm not an atheist but what you're saying is totally pointless .

In cherto pertaro ki behet yad dade ?!!!!! Vaghteshe ye kam bozorg beshi . Bishtare adamhaye bidini ke man didam balaye 30 sal daran .

You don't need to talk nonesense about people with beliefs different than yours to support your own religion .

Tarkibe farsi va engelisi ro hal kardi ?!!!!!

• 8 years ago

You have it backwards.

I grew out of comforting myths before 20.

I'm now 33.

• 8 years ago

Some might. It depends on their circumstances. God is a believable delusion. Festering upon an idea can make it 'real', such is the power of the human mind.

• 8 years ago

I am more than twice that age and still haven't become senile, stupid or mad enough to believe the childish fairy tales of idiots.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

i never known an atheist to convert back. thats like taking 100 steps back. i believe once your mind has been some places,it never really goes back to the same ones.

• 8 years ago

I am 47. I find it interesting that you have to maintain these myths about atheists, to support the other myths you believe in.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.