?

Will Atheists believe in God when they are past 20 years of age?

Favorite Answer

Funny, when I was younger I was a very strong believer. With age and knowledge, I outgrew childish things. I am a very happy and fulfilled atheist now and have been for years. Once you understand, you cannot go back to believing in fairy tales.

Let me put this is a way you can understand, appropriating for myself something from The Babble which was very precious to me when I was a Christian: "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." (1 Cor 13:11 KJV)

• ?

I got past 20 years of age 33 years ago, and I know many an atheist much older than me.

So quit stereotyping or lying or keeping your eyes closed, whichever the case may be.

• ?

I was raised believing this crap. I was sent to Sunday School, where the teacher encouraged us to "Read your Bible". Big mistake...I DID read it! By 12 or 13, I was sure this couldn't possibly be for real....

As I got older, I became more certain i had made the right decision. Now at 60+, I have no doubt. I think as we mature, we no longer need superstition and false hopes to build us up.

• Jim V

I was 33 before beginning to seek out God.

• ILTG

Another stupid iranian I'm not an atheist but what you're saying is totally pointless .

In cherto pertaro ki behet yad dade ?!!!!! Vaghteshe ye kam bozorg beshi . Bishtare adamhaye bidini ke man didam balaye 30 sal daran .

You don't need to talk nonesense about people with beliefs different than yours to support your own religion .

Tarkibe farsi va engelisi ro hal kardi ?!!!!!

You have it backwards.

I grew out of comforting myths before 20.

I'm now 33.

Some might. It depends on their circumstances. God is a believable delusion. Festering upon an idea can make it 'real', such is the power of the human mind.

I am more than twice that age and still haven't become senile, stupid or mad enough to believe the childish fairy tales of idiots.

i never known an atheist to convert back. thats like taking 100 steps back. i believe once your mind has been some places,it never really goes back to the same ones.

I am 47. I find it interesting that you have to maintain these myths about atheists, to support the other myths you believe in.