Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I think... I wanna quit school.?

I need advice.

I'm 15. I was in public high school for 6 months. Around Christmas time, I was taken out. I basically got the rest of the year off.

I just don't think school is for me. I'm a dyslexic without a tutor. My parents and I have looked for a tutor, yet can't find one. Because of my dyslexia, I'm extremely disorganized. I can't keep my assignments and papers i need, and tend to find them weeks after their due. I can read, however not well and I don't usually understand what I just read.

I want to write for a living. I know, kind of weird for a dyslexic, but I just love to! Currently, I write fanfictions. (Fan made writings/stories.) But I want to write so much more!

Favorite Answer

Well if you can't it is the best option,but make sure you get homeschooled.

As for stories,if i can advice you,writing fanfictions for a living is not the best option to start out,because they require the copyrights of those who created the original characters,however the best way to earn a living is to write stories of your own experience and of your own characters,It would be really best for you,if you are confident enough,take scriptwriting classes and try scriptwriting.You will earn a lot of money,but remember to write and crate your own original characters.

NOOOOO.....I mean that from the deepest part of my heart....go back to school and get that high school degree. Think of it this way...you don't have to go to college if you don't want to,that's your choice..but high school is a different story, in today's society,not being a high school graduate means working like retail your whole life (Bad example but you get it) you need to power through high school...if that means finding 15,000 tutors so be it. make yourself unavailable to friends if you need to..don't get distracted by people in class...Organize yourself, find what suits you the most walking around with just my papers and notebooks in a small backpack worked for me...shove your work in the front of a notebook. As for the reading....the only thing that will help you read is by well...reading! read books and what not! don't get tied up into out of school activities just do your school work and get out....afterwards you have the rest of your like to do whatever you want. They have a group in most high school classes by the way called Content Mastery...ask a councelor about it..they will help you tremendously.

Don't drop out...you will regret it so much down the road and it will be too late.Just work hard and the hard work will pay off in the end.

Source(s): I have dyslexia and ADD...School was tough

I wouldn't do it if I were you especially because you are close to graduating and getting your GED is so much harder see if your parent can get you in extra help classes and ask your teachers for help I'm sure they will understand that's what they are there for my little sister is going through the same thing and she was in extra help classes because she couldn't read well and when she did read forgot what she read about same as you but after a few years of hard work she finally got out of her extra help classes because she was able to actually read a lot better and understood what she was reading I'm just telling you if you drop out your not gonna get a good job and a GED will be impossible because of you being dyslexic it's even hard for people that aren't dyslexic teachers are there to help and I'm sure if you ask for extra help they will give it to you. I wish you the best and please please please don't drop out you will regret it.

No dont quit school! I am also dyslexic but u can spell way better then I can, never give up ever! U might have to work a little harder then everyone else but I promise its worth it in the end and hey u made it to highschool I never made it past the 5th. grade. Dont quit u can do anything u put ur mind to :)

Stick with it, you're almost done, and it will be much harder to get jobs without a highschool diploma. I guess you can always take the GED instead though.

Don't do it. It's hard, but school is worth it.

Source(s): Something I'm just learning.