Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

im trying to pierce my own lip?

i just have a couple questions. even if the needle is properly sterilized can my lip still get infected? and i also heard that if you want to pierce your lip you have to start from the inside of your lip , can i start from the outside?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago

It's better to have a professional do it. A professional that knows what they're doing. Even though someone I knew went to get theirs professionally done It quickly got infected and closed up. A waste of $40. She got an infection and a temporary lip piercing. Her mistake was getting it done at a place called Just Ears -___- Please go get it professionally done. I highly recommend that. Some places even give you the supplies you need to treat and take care of your piercings after getting them done. When I got my nose pierced I recieved a bag of sea salt to keep my piercing from getting infected. If you decide to do it on your own I would recommend using sea salt to clean it.

• Yes it can get infected also you can hit a nerve. They pierce from the inside then slide the needle out while pushing in your jewelry, then cleaned. Its painful and hard to do, have a professional do it or wait.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

You cannot properly sterilize anything without an autoclave. You can only disinfect.

Don't do it, I'm sure you can shell out $15 for a profession to do it. I promise its not that much

• 8 years ago

As long as you properly take care of it after like by cleaning it with the proper chemicals.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.