im trying to pierce my own lip?

i just have a couple questions. even if the needle is properly sterilized can my lip still get infected? and i also heard that if you want to pierce your lip you have to start from the inside of your lip , can i start from the outside?

It's better to have a professional do it. A professional that knows what they're doing. Even though someone I knew went to get theirs professionally done It quickly got infected and closed up. A waste of $40. She got an infection and a temporary lip piercing. Her mistake was getting it done at a place called Just Ears -___- Please go get it professionally done. I highly recommend that. Some places even give you the supplies you need to treat and take care of your piercings after getting them done. When I got my nose pierced I recieved a bag of sea salt to keep my piercing from getting infected. If you decide to do it on your own I would recommend using sea salt to clean it.

• Yes it can get infected also you can hit a nerve. They pierce from the inside then slide the needle out while pushing in your jewelry, then cleaned. Its painful and hard to do, have a professional do it or wait.

You cannot properly sterilize anything without an autoclave. You can only disinfect.

Don't do it, I'm sure you can shell out $15 for a profession to do it. I promise its not that much

As long as you properly take care of it after like by cleaning it with the proper chemicals.