Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Is this a sign not to join? To my Christians?

I left for the medical processing and swearing in for the Army National Guard earlier this week. I've wanted to join the military for years, and was set to join the Marine Corps up until about 4 months ago. I realized I have a lot of opportunity career wise that i dont want to leave for 4 years. So I decided i'd join the Guard. 1 weekend a month and i could still go to school and work. On my way to Meps (the processing station) I kindof told myself that if it didnt work out then maybe it would be because God doesnt want this for me. Thursday when I got there I found out i couldnt be processed. they could do it the next day, but I felt like it was potentially a sign not to join. So now I have 2 weeks to decide if I should go back and join. I still want to do this, but i dont want to do what God doesnt want me to do. Whats your opinion? Was this God saying dont join? Or should I still follow through with this? Thank you

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

First, let me say i have great respect for any person that serves others in any manner. Second, the answer is in you not events that need to be interpreted. God is telling you his will but you must accept it one way or the other. Only you know the TRUTH.

Source(s): His will is best, believe me, I've ignored it before
  • ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

God was feeling peckish and just wanted to mess with your head. He's got a great sense of humor most people just do not appreciate.

Make your OWN decisions and stop trying to put off your inability to make up your mind on "someone" else.

Source(s): ***** 100% Disabled Vietnam Veteran - Former Navy Airborne Electronic Warfare Officer
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

It took me a year and a half to join, but all along I knew it was God's will and he would make a way for me and he did.

• 8 years ago

if you want to be in the Army National Guard

join

if you do not want to be in the ANG

do not join

god has nothing to do with it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Obviously they couldn't process you because it was a sign from God. Of course it wasn't because some staff were off sick with the flu and couldn't cope with the workload. Are you serious?

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Don't join up. Whether it was divine providence or not, you're not suited to the military.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

LOL!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.