Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 8 years ago

My HP Laptop will not connect to Internet... WHATSOEVER!?

My laptop is an HP Dandelion Breeze which I doubt helps at all but when I tried connecting it to the Internet through an Ethernet cable it didn't connect to the Internet and I just blew it off as my laptop just being annoying. Later I tried using wifi at a different house and it worked fine. The next day I tried using the wifi at another house and it connected to the Internet but kept stopping or slowing down and I just figured that was happening because I was kind of far away from the router and again just blew it off as a little annoying thing. So I went to my moms apartment and it didnt connect at all. "Windows was unable to connect to [My internet's name]" is all tht is popping up and it's EVERY TIME. It also said it needed to be troubleshooted which I did so many times that I cant count and then I restarted my laptop again so many times I cant even count and no one there could fix it either but when it was hooked up to an Ethernet cable it worked. I went to my dads house a day or two later and the same thing happened but I never got the chance to hook it to an Ethernet cable. It will work on the Internet for about a minute or two mostly Facebook though and I click on a link someone has posted and it stops working. PLEASE HELP ME! I really do not want to restore my laptop. I have SO MUCH stuff on it. It is also relatively new. I have had it since Christmas 2011 so a year and a half. Again PLEASE HELP ME!

-Thank You!

2 Answers

Relevance
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.