Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What speed is mach 2?And are the speed indicators of an aircraft in MPH format?

Are they shown in miles per hour or what?

Update:

Oh sorry I mean V2.very sorry for the mistake!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Transport airplanes speed indicators in knots -

Except Russians airplanes which are kilometres -

V2 speeds are different for all airplanes and also depend on airplane weight-

Example - a 747-200/300 at 378 tonnes and 10 flaps is 180 knots -

Source(s): Retired airline pilot
  • 8 years ago

Airspeed of transport category airplanes is usually indicated in knots. Some light airplanes are equipped with MPH indicators http://avionicsmasters.com/media/catalog/product/c...

V2 is the takeoff safety speed and is not a fixed constant value, therefore, no one can answer you that. That's like if I asked "what's the takeoff speed of an airplane". Besides, you don't need that in a Cessna.

• 8 years ago

The speed of sound changes with air temperature. At a standard sea-level temperature of 59° F (15° C), the speed of sound is 761 mph (1225 km/h).At that temperature, Mach 2 would be 1522 mph (2450 km/h).

Mach 2 is double the speed of sound.

peace.

And It is usually in Mph.

• 8 years ago

V2 is the takeoff speed

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

As fr as I know, aircraft speed is in knots

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.