Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Can I get a driving licence or lessons in Dubai with a tourist visa?

I havent done any driving before and was wondering if it was possible to get lessons

in Dubai with a tourist visa? I've got a UK passport and I would've taken lessons in England,

though I never really found the time, and also lessons are much cheaper over here in Dubai.

Update:

lessons rather than a licence but I guess the outcome would still be the same

4 Answers

Relevance
  • WOrD
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Those things mentioned before my answer are for obtaining the initial permit which you need to get to start taking driving lessons , it is not a license , the license you get after passing the road test.

But why don't you just take lessons i UK , what is so complicated about that since you are (I assume) a resident already and don't need any visas. WIth a UK license you can drive in Dubai while being a tourist as long as you get an IDP also.

• ?
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Additional to the 2 previous correct answers: You cannot open a RTA file [which is mandatory to obtain driving lessons] without a residence visa. Simple as that.

If you take [illegal] lessons from a certified driving instructor and you got caught by RTA inspectors [Note: they are buzzing around like stinging bees] the driving instructor would loose his license and his/her job. So forget that too.

Source(s): My wife is a certified driving instructor in Dubai.
  • H
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Of course not. You need to be a legal resident in the UAE to obtain an UAE DL.

Source(s): common sense
  • 8 years ago

Nop..bec'se u should hav @least employment visa & NOC from the particular company(if you are working)..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.