Can I get a driving licence or lessons in Dubai with a tourist visa?

I havent done any driving before and was wondering if it was possible to get lessons

in Dubai with a tourist visa? I've got a UK passport and I would've taken lessons in England,

though I never really found the time, and also lessons are much cheaper over here in Dubai.

lessons rather than a licence but I guess the outcome would still be the same

• WOrD
    Favorite Answer

Those things mentioned before my answer are for obtaining the initial permit which you need to get to start taking driving lessons , it is not a license , the license you get after passing the road test.

But why don't you just take lessons i UK , what is so complicated about that since you are (I assume) a resident already and don't need any visas. WIth a UK license you can drive in Dubai while being a tourist as long as you get an IDP also.

• ?

Additional to the 2 previous correct answers: You cannot open a RTA file [which is mandatory to obtain driving lessons] without a residence visa. Simple as that.

If you take [illegal] lessons from a certified driving instructor and you got caught by RTA inspectors [Note: they are buzzing around like stinging bees] the driving instructor would loose his license and his/her job. So forget that too.

Source(s): My wife is a certified driving instructor in Dubai.
  • H

Of course not. You need to be a legal resident in the UAE to obtain an UAE DL.

Source(s): common sense

Nop..bec'se u should hav @least employment visa & NOC from the particular company(if you are working)..