Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAustraliaMelbourne · 8 years ago

High Schools near West Melbourne?

I'm moving to Melbourne soon and will be living in West Melbourne near Flagstaff Station :) What are the best government schools to go to? I am an international student, by the way :D

I've looked into University High, but as an international student, would it be difficult to enter? As it is selective entry, how would I test to get in? How about Princess Hill Secondary College or Northcote High School?

The extra s in Princes was a slight typo :D Do you mind if I send you a message, Sheila? You seem to know a lot about living in Melbourne :)

Favorite Answer

University High would be the closest and best, but as Greg says it's a selective entry school. You could investigate Debney Park Secondary College in Flemington, or Footscray City College in Footscray. Both have good reputations and international students.

Edit: I was trying to remember the name of Princes Hill (not Princess). Both it and Northcote would be worth looking at, but Northcote is a bit further away than the others.

Contact University High as they may have a quota for international students, in which case there would be some way of doing the entry test online.

• Greg S

the best government school in that area would be university high school, but it is a selective school so you would have to sit a test to qualify for admission