Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAustraliaMelbourne · 8 years ago

High Schools near West Melbourne?

I'm moving to Melbourne soon and will be living in West Melbourne near Flagstaff Station :) What are the best government schools to go to? I am an international student, by the way :D

Update:

I've looked into University High, but as an international student, would it be difficult to enter? As it is selective entry, how would I test to get in? How about Princess Hill Secondary College or Northcote High School?

Update 2:

The extra s in Princes was a slight typo :D Do you mind if I send you a message, Sheila? You seem to know a lot about living in Melbourne :)

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

University High would be the closest and best, but as Greg says it's a selective entry school. You could investigate Debney Park Secondary College in Flemington, or Footscray City College in Footscray. Both have good reputations and international students.

Edit: I was trying to remember the name of Princes Hill (not Princess). Both it and Northcote would be worth looking at, but Northcote is a bit further away than the others.

Contact University High as they may have a quota for international students, in which case there would be some way of doing the entry test online.

• Greg S
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

the best government school in that area would be university high school, but it is a selective school so you would have to sit a test to qualify for admission

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.