Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Can I take drugs for the rest of my life to escape from mental pain?

Before anyone answers, I do not care if it will kill me. I just want to know if drugs or alcohol will make me forget mental pain. I don't care if you think it is stupid. Obviously if you think it is, you haven't ever been this broken in your life.

Lol, save me all your critical bullshit. I don't care. I have my reasons, and I just asked a question. If you're not going to answer it or don't know the answer to it, please don't respond. Thank you kindly.

To be simple, the answer is no. If you aren't convinced, then let me tell you why. Sure when you are drunk or high you will feel relieved but that is temporary. When you are sober you will be feeling shitty as hell and wanting to be high again. This will make you dependent on these drugs and will slowly kill you. I have an alcoholic father and nothing is worse than seeing him become an excuse of a man since I was 10. Apart from hurting your family and friends by these types of habits is the cost. Drugs aren't cheap and that means you will have to have a job. A job won't last long when you are constantly high or drunk and if you are sober while working it will be living hell since you would be so dependent on your high. The answer to escaping mental pain as cliche as it seems is to seek help. Contact a therapist, or just a friend. All you need is someone that will care for you and listen to you and some time. Another key thing is to find things you enjoy. Even if you seem to hate everything there is something in this world that you can enjoy.

Source(s): Considered that road before.

here is a real answer for getting rid of mental pain. i don't know about drugs, ask a doctor about it maybe if it deletes your mental pain. i was depressed and took meds (prozac) and didn't feel it really helped me in a profound way.

check this out:

Truthcontest.com read "THE PRESENT"

here is an excerpt from there:

"The mind creates fear, worry, guilt, regret, sadness, envy, greed, hate and all other mind-made, negative feelings you receive. These uncontrolled emotions are creating all the misery in the world. You just have to realize that they are not real/true, and they will disappear. Why live with pain and suffering that is just created by the mind?

Why let your own mind hurt you?

15

Just as you do not have to think thoughts that you do not want to think, you do not have to feel the negative emotions and feelings the mind creates.

If the mind is creating something, it can stop creating it.

If you know the truth, you do not have to live with anything that is not real. You just have to live one-hundred percent with what is real, and it will leave no room in your life for anything that is not real. Displace the mind’s BS with life’s truth.

The secret: Most people know you do not need “things” or things to happen to be happy (be fulfilled), but most people do not know how it works. The secret is opening your mind. Without thought and negative emotions, the same thing happens that happens when you get what you think you want.

You become as sensual as you can possibly be; you become your senses.

You can feel better than you would feel if you just won the lottery everyday. Why not? It is just a state of mind, or state of no-mind. It is your life; just take what is coming to you. You can be fulfilled whenever you want. The present is for you.

Being fulfilled, being filled by life all the time, is the true goal of mankind.

Everything that people do, directly and indirectly, good and bad, is to be fulfilled by life. Once you know the truth, you can skip all the things and just be fulfilled."

I am not sorry to say this but when you said " you havent ever been this broken in life "

Thats compete bullshit because for starters you asked us the yahoo users a question

Which means you have internet, a roof over your head, and living

While people have a worse life than yours wish they were you.

Go ahead drink and do drug, It wont solve your mental problems

You want to forget about mental pain, Then forget about yourself

Forgetting it forgets who you are

I cant tell you what to do because you just said mental pain

Go do something about it, Ask people in person not us

We only give you advice not guidance

Nuff said.

"Obviously if you think it is, you haven't ever been this broken in your life."

The ones that were truly broken were the ones who lived through the holocaust.

If you don't care that it will kil you, why not just go ahead and just nip in the bud now and end it instead of prolonging the inevitable. The more you wait, the more you suffer

"Lol, save me all your critical bullshit. I don't care"

I have to do no such thing. You posted what you wanted to post, and I'm allowed to do the same and couldn't a **** about how you feel about it

Considering that you are from the states, I would assume you have relation difficulties, or extreme obsession with men. There may be addition problems involved and your reaction in your post emphasizes obsessive tendencies. What you do need though is treatment so visiting a psychologist would be ideal to resolve those issues.

Morphine, Meth, Haroine basically anything.