Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I lied about my past?

When I first met a guy, I told him that one night I snuck out, went to a bonfire, and accidentally got high because someone had thrown weed in the fire. I didn't even know if that was even remotely possible, but I said that bc he hung out with a group of guys that did that sort of stuff, and I wanted to impress him. Turns out he was only chilling with them for the time being and is completely clean. WELL SO AM I. We've been talking everyday for almost a month, and I just wanna tell him that it was all a lie. Except he keeps going back to it, and teasing me with "Don't sneak out to a bonfire tonight ;)" And I don't know how to tell him I was a lying about that because I JUST admitted that we're the same age really, I'm just a grade level ahead. I'm so screwed.

Wellllll. To me it sounds like a harmless lie. People do it all the time in fact. And no you can't get high from throwing weed in a bonfire. It would just burn. You don't really have to tell him, but if you really want to you can be like "Okay so I lied about that, and I feel really silly about it...blahblahblah". There's nothing wrong with being honest about something so silly I don't think it will ruin anything if you tell him the right way. Good luck though xo