"Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives."?

What part of that Ronald Reagan quote does The Presidency not understand?

• L.T.M.
    Favorite Answer

Ha. Flash Forward...Government's duties include putting a roof over your head, food in your belly, babysitting your bratty kids, etc etc etc.

And if it doesn't it's Apocalypse Now!!!

Check out the answers here and you'll see what I mean )

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AhiJy...

Source(s): I think I hear the Fat Lady singing. edit.. I just read your answer and you nailed it. But notice the PANIC from some of the others just at the thought of cutting 'welfare'.

Obama's first duty appears to be protecting The State. Which involves our complete control.

BTW, The State is Obama, Obama is The State.

So, Chavez and others have taught him.

'run' seems to be where the government gets confused. every time a peson gets injured, they want to shut a facility down. rather than actually investigate where the injury accured or how it accured. every time some one gets offended (like with paula den case), they want to shut the person down. rather than give them a warning. every time some one gets harmed, more government regulation comes through. BIG BROTHER LOVES TO TAX AND CONTROL! that's what libs are al about, CONTROL.

Source(s): C - coming for our guns, O - or else, N - negotiate an even bigger breach on the 2nd amendment, T - to ruin what the constitution says, R - ruin america and american values, O - old rules need to go, L - let us take control, what liberals stand for.
  • He understands it completely. He's not the one forcing anti-choice measures through legislatures, honestly or dishonestly, in all the c0n controlled states. We are tired of Big Government interfering in personal private medical decisions. Even Texas is waking up.

What part of Reagan's quote do republicans not understand?

Why are republicans trying to control every aspect of my personal life and my private body parts and medical decisions?

Why do republicans still ban me from opening up my own business on Sunday to adhere to their personal religious beliefs?

Why do republicans want to give corporate welfare (my tax dollars) to companies that are already making record profits?

It may have been a Reagan quote but even beyond that, it is the basis of our government. It is the foundation that the constitution is built upon. A constitution that the government is constantly working to redefine.

The constitution protects the people from government. It is its sole purpose. Through checks and balances, limitations, restrictions, and amendments. It ties and binds the reaching, grasping, stretching, twisting, spinning, creature that is government.

How are there any thumb downs here? Where did you learn otherwise? It says nothing about our epiphany as to when live begins. No we are the only generation to be that arrogant. We know without a doubt that life only begins after birth (so it would appear). We can't predict the weather beyond 24 hrs, but women know that life only begins after birth.

Just as long as it feels good, that's all that matters. Right?

• Even the infamous Obamaphone lady knows this is not right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ghmBInC2N8

What part of "democrats have a different political ideology than republicans" do YOU not understand? Do you also expect cats to bark and dogs to meow?

Correct. All people beyond class or race or gender or sexual preference.

The part where Reagan committed treason, and suffered from dementia.