? asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 8 years ago

Am I attracted to my sister, or just curious?

So I am 17 years old, my sister is 16 years old. We recently moved from Spain to Canada but we are half Finnish half Spanish so we are blond. Everyone I know finds my sister super attractive. Apparently they like the fact that she has a Spanish accent, but blonde hair. People always ask me permission to sleep with her. I don't like it. According to many she is the most attractive girl in our highschool. Every guy I know has a crush on her. Even much older guys. And people talk inappropriately about her all the time. Anyway, I like lots of girls and I sometimes have these interesting thoughts about girls I like. Then I realized whenever I think about my sister, I don't feel grossed out. In fact, a few days ago I saw her in a bikini and I didn't think it looked bad, I thought it looked good. And I think she looks better than all her friends. Is this only because I am brainwashed by others who always tell me she is stunning? Am I actually attracted or just curious? We have always been best friends. What does this mean?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

If your sister is a hottie, you're pro'lly a bit attracted to her. You're 17 so pro'lly a bit curious as well.

It happens and no harm done unless you try and act on it.

It doesn't mean anything unless you decide it means something, and then, it means is whatever you think it means.

We notice the "attractiveness" of all people around us without having any emotional (including lustful) thoughts about it. You will notice when a guy looks good or cool and it won't make you gay. The same will happen with your sister. You will notice if she is attractive, it's not a bad thing. You're protective of your sister more likely than jealous.

You're fine. You're allowed to notice good looking people and think "wow looks good" "cool nice beard" "girl has nice abs"

In my honest opinion, I don't think your so much attracted to her as you are that she's female and people tell you she's beautiful. It's normal to think that she's pretty, but I think attracted is a little much. Maybe spending some time thinking about it will give you the answers you're looking for.

I liked my cousin once for a while (like i thought he was hot i guess haha) but i kinda got over it like it just faded and now its just like, cool hes my cousin(: