Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 8 years ago

Is it ever too late to get a social life?

Hello I'm 15 and about 4 years ago,I moved to this small town.And for those 4 years,I never had a social life.I never had a social life cause everyone in this school seemed to already have their own friends,so I never had any friends I could go out or hang out with.So is it ever too late to get a social life?I mean every day after school,I just went home and just stayed doing nothing at all.And I sure don't want to continue with the same path for the 5 straight year.So what I am thinking about doing once we get back to school is to do athletics so I get to have a chance on making friends and being able to finally socialize.But like I said,is it ever too late to get a social life?I also heard that for a teenager to socialize,is a healthy development so once they grow up,they don't end up being scared or feeling nervous once they have to experience the real world and talk with people and I sure don't want to feel like this once I become an adult.Thanks

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yeah you should do athletics, also get a job as soon as you can. I lost most of my friends because i moved too, not very far but it made alot difference. I lost my social life because they were all working and i started falling out with them because they were always busy working.

I am 23 now and working on my social life now its even harder now coz i look different and anyone would be happy to be my friend, i just dont have the social skills i need:)

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Of course not, I don't have much of a social life either, I'm 15 and were both in high school. I'm planning on trying to talk to people next semester, its never to late to have a social life. Even if you don't have much of a social life in high school, if your going to college I hope, well most of the people there are starting fresh on new friends just like you. You never really see the same friends going to the same college so you still have plenty of time to make friends and gain a social life.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

You can always have a social life whenever you choose. If you are having difficulties finding comrades then you should target people individually rather than approaching in a group. Everyone has his/her values and there are a lot of people in a school so you have to share a similar value to maintain a friendship. Your futile attempts could stem from a lack of similarities which is most likely due to isolated from the start. However, you can take advantage of this opportunity and focus on your education; this may seem to increase your isolation but it could actually held you develop your values to entwine with people of similar values. You would easily get noticed. There are other options, but this one would help in both education and socializing with other students.

• 8 years ago

No it's never too late but there is a good and a bad time to start

Just wait for the right time like the start of a new year or job

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • No, it is not too late to start a social life. You said that all of your classmates around you have friends causing you to had none; that's preposterous. Get together with them to get a circle of friends.

Start now, it is not too late. Start with acquaintance and then move to friendship. You are still young, you can still do it.

If you want, I can be your online friend as well (for start).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.