Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 8 years ago

What can help fix lower back pain?

Favorite Answer

You should visit a doctor and see what is causing the pain first. That way you do not cause any more damage. I don't think a hot bath will cause any problem as long as it is not so hot to burn you. Maybe if your bed sags a lot and has lumps or holes - change it!

See a doctor first before doing something to cause more problems.

Check here a very effective Sciatica Natural Treatment ( http://cure-sciatica.info/ )

Normally, I would not answer a question like this as my expertise is generally in medication but I had severe sciatica while I was pregnant with my 3rd child (after having had twins) and I had sciatica so bad that I was finding it difficult to walk. I tried massage therapy and physical therapy and could not take medication

I went to the chiropractor and the pain was instantly relieved. My hips and lower back were out of alignment because I had carried twins the year before. On occasion a Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) can also work but they usually only work on one joint at a time - the chiropractor will do your whole back which works faster. Anyone who does not believe in chiropractors will tell you they are quacks - don't listen.

I don't necessarily believe that chiropractors can cure things like diabetes but they can definitely relieve some types of back pain especially if a pinched nerve is involved which is usually the cause of sciatica.

Some few tips that might help !

~ warm up a heat pack and put it on before you go to bed, having a nap or just chilling.

~ you can buy a pain creams at your local chemist.

~ put tiger balm and ask someone to massage on the area where its sore.

~ buy one of those heat bandaid (don't know whats it called,sorry).

~ Go against the wall with you back facing then stretch backwards all the way down as far as you can (i do this sometimes and it helps).

~ take some antibiotics.

Go to a headache and spine specialist let him-her determine best course of action especially if this is an ongoing problem.