Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

are Native Americans originally from eastern Siberia?

Just wondering because its what I'm hearing now. + I'm first nations :P

5 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Native americans passed through asia....over 50,000 years ago.

Europeans passed through asia only 36,000 years ago.

They are closer to being Asian than we are.

The bering strait theory was debunked a decade ago. DNA has proven we have no genetic markers from Asia.

Source(s): Navajo
  • ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Depends how you define originally. The eastern Siberian tribes that populated America were originally from Africa, just like all humans were. Tens or even hundreds of thousands of years ago they migrated from Siberia to Alaska back when there was a land bridge between the two continents. Then they moved south.

All that happened long before recorded history, and history, culture and society are much more important in defining people than tracing their ancestry back to prehistoric times.

• ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

No, that was an old theory based on the Bering strait bridge theory which was debunked some years back.

• ?
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Nope, that was proven false some years ago.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

I hate you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.