Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 8 years ago

I need to stop swearing but how?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Get a swear jar like what Homer did in Simpsons! Designate a person other than yourself who can spend the money in that jar. You will start watching your F-bombs when they cost you money.

• 8 years ago

Like any other bad habbit... you just have to work on it. Though, learning to stop swearing so much can be hard for some one who swears all the time. Me, Myself was a big swearer, every other word was a curse word. However, I knew that it was time for me to stop it, and so I would catch myself everytime I fixed my mouth to say a curse word.

Though, now I'm not going to say I never swear, because I do. However I have gotten alot better and can now control my mouth. Curse words helps us express ourselves some times unfortunately.

However, all you have to do is work on it. You'll get better at it!

• Try to think about you are going to say before you talk or quickly correct yourself, I had a swearing problem and both of those helped.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Wear a rubber band each time you swear hit yourself with if hard.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

**** it jus swear less lol

• ?
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

Me too!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.