Is this too long too short? Tell me how long it should be?

Is this too long too short? Tell me how long it should be? I just want to know I'm with the right guy before we start doing things!

1. Before I date someone I want to wait 6 months to get to know each other and make sure we are good for each other

2. When we start dating I want to wait at least 1 month before holding hands

3. I want to wait 3 months before hugging

4. I want to wait at least 5 months before kissing someone(not make-out)

(When I mean like 1 month before holding hands and 3 months hugging Like say it's January I want to wait 1 month so in February then I want to wait 3 months so in May so like that)

5. I want to wait at least 8 months before making out

So all together it will be 23 months so 1 year and 11 months then I want to wait about 3-6 years to get married 3 at the least 6 at the most and I'm not going to have sex until I'm married!!

• rjrmpk
    Favorite Answer

1 is fine

The others are WAY too long.

Hi teddybear,

All I can offer you is the perspective from a Mans point of view.

1) You want to wait six months BEFORE dating ? That's nuts. The whole point of dating is to get to know someone. Imo you don't wait six months, if a guy shows interest in you and you like him you need to let him know that and start arranging your first date. Otherwise he will think you are not interested and move on. You need to strike when the iron is hot!

2) Again , what's with all these set time frames ? This is so unnatural and unhealthy. You should behave according to how you feel ! If you really want to hold his hand , hold it! If you don't, then don't! Relationships are trial and error, sometimes you'll get a rejection and other times taking little risks can pay off. If you have fear and set time frames and so on, you'll waste your life .

3) .... hold hold hold on ..... Ok this has to be a joke right ? Look like I said , be natural, take risks, go out of your comfort zone within reason and use common sense. We have to take risks in life. Sometimes we fall, but we get up again. Other times we WIN and experience something beautiful. But life is a ride, if you live in fear , set rules and hide behind them you will never experience the ride!

Go with the flow, no time frames and be natural !

Source(s): School of life